Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wonder how Archambault music service is doing also.

·
Registered
344 Posts
"Archambaultzik.ca is not available
for MacOS or Linux."

·
Registered
435 Posts
Archambault use a very low cost structure and is backed by Quebecor. It will live and eventualy prosper if well managed because there is a lot of potential synergy with other branch of quebecor. I just wonder if they have the imagination for it or they are just copy cat.

I was seriously thinking about meeting them and propose myself as a strategic advisor. I see so much potential there!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Roxio, Inc (parent of Napster) is losing quite a bit of money. Not sure what's wrong there, they claim 100 million copies of Toast & EZ CD Creator have been sold.

Last Quarter the SW division lost 10 million, while Napster's loss was 15 million (it's been online for 2 of the 3 months of the respective quarter).

The Quarterly report (released 4February04) also mentions a recent stock offering, bringing the cash "war chest" to $64 million. That should cover some of 2005's losses unless things turn around soon. This current quarter is the last of Fiscal 2004, so we will see an annual report in about 2 months.

The stock, which traded as high as $US 11.47 in 2003, is sitting at $3.47 this morning after falling from $ 3.75 yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts