Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys,

I was wondering if anybody could help my situation right now..

So i have an ipod nano, itrip and JVC KD-LH300 Deck in my car.. The Itrip has nothing but been a disappointment for me, the sound quality horrible, and the static is even worse.

Anyways, right now what i'm trying to look for is somethign to connect my STEREO to my NANO, thru a... AUX jack, but my DECK doesn't have a slot in the front.. =( i found a couple JVC adapters but they DISABLE the use of the ipod, and i want to beable to pick my songs ON the ipod... i found this one at Mp3YourCar.com - Connect your iPod to your factory car stereo with one easy adapter connection kit but its 299 And like 50 bucks shipping and tahts wayyyy too much. Anyways, if i can't find soemthing like this, i'm looking into buying the Monster icarplay fm transmitter..

Any help is MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
When you're flipping through the manual, does your stereo have an AUX input on the back? I have a really old Clarion deck that has an AUX in, I connected a 5 dollar radioshack RCA to mini jack to it, and threaded it to come out under my dash, so the cable can come out and plug into my ipod. I've had this setup for almost 5 years, just as good, if not better quality than with my headphones.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That one only works if you have a minijack line in on the front of your deck, which the OP indicated he did not have. Sadly, since most car stereos are proprietary, an OEM input will be expensive (in the $300 range).

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I have the same set up as purelithium describes. I actually bought a Panasonic stereo on sale one year for this reason (it's actually a cleaner install). Probably cheaper to find something with an input on the back or front than go the $300 route.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The cable on the other side of the kit plugs directly into your radio – there is no FM modulation.
The only way it can do this with a proprietary car stereo is a minijack or if the radio happens to have a simple RCA Aux in (rather than a proprietary one). As to how it charges the iPod, I'm not to sure.

If you go to a car lot and check out the price of an iPod input as an extra option, they're usually quite expensive because it is a proprietary system. The adapter for my aftermarket deck, on the other hand, which does not control the iPod (i.e., it does exactly what the linked product does) was around $50.

BTW: having an iPod hooked up in the car is invaluable. More automakers should (and are) making auxiliary inputs standard. :)

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Sorry Demosthenes X, but I was giving you a chance to correct yourself. Unfortunately, you are making assumptions.

The adapter I mentioned connects to the CD Changer Port of JVC decks. There are lots of them available on the market in the $25 to $40 range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Demosthenes X, but I was giving you a chance to correct yourself. Unfortunately, you are making assumptions.

The adapter I mentioned connects to the CD Changer Port of JVC decks. There are lots of them available on the market in the $25 to $40 range.

Hey guy toronto do u think it will work with my deck? b/c i read about my deck and it's a RCA connect deck and not a CD changer port deck, so then it owuldn't work with that adapter..

JVC kd-lh300 is my deck btw =)

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Hey guy toronto do u think it will work with my deck? b/c i read about my deck and it's a RCA connect deck and not a CD changer port deck, so then it owuldn't work with that adapter..

JVC kd-lh300 is my deck btw =)
According to JVC's website, that model of deck has CD Changer control, which means it would need to be more than RCA connectors, but the only way to know for sure is to pull the deck out and take a look.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Maybe a better iTrip would work? I'm in a large metropolis and while others complain about interference, I used the downloadable 87.7 frequency from Griffin and it was great.

That said, since this particular iPod is in a case, a cassette adapter works much better, and if I had access to a line in, that would be the way I would go.

And as an aside, how does OmeGa101 have two posts in this thread and a post count of 1 ? It must be a glitch from recent days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe a better iTrip would work? I'm in a large metropolis and while others complain about interference, I used the downloadable 87.7 frequency from Griffin and it was great.

That said, since this particular iPod is in a case, a cassette adapter works much better, and if I had access to a line in, that would be the way I would go.

And as an aside, how does OmeGa101 have two posts in this thread and a post count of 1 ? It must be a glitch from recent days.

yeah, i tried posting liek 4 times acoupel days before but none of them went thru, kept saying i have to wait for mods to approve of it?..

anyways, well i drive an 00 integ and for some reason when i use my itrip its really bad, its better on some other cars? =S im using the VERY FIRST itrip that came out btw, the white one wireless, ** oh yeah and i live in Vancouver, BC a huge city, so its liek very hard to find an empty station :confused:

So, onli way to find out is to pull my deck out and see?? lol i guesss i'll do that a take a picture for you guys to see if it has cd changer ports or not =S

THanks for all the help so far guys! i hope i can get this thing working ASAP!:lmao::D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts