Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to renew my name registration and shop around for (reliable and cheap) hosting.

I've been registering with Domainpeople for the last 2 years and it's been fine. Although I'm wondering if I should be combining both services.

Any experience and/or insight to help me out with this?

·
peek-a-boo
16,644 Posts
Its my opinion that if you are happy with the domain registrar, you should stick with them and renew. For hosting, clickhost.net is a good affordable host, and korax.net which costs a bit more but is a bit more robust for higher traffic sites. I've dealt with both for myself and my clients for the last few years

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I've been using domain direct for about five years and swear by their services. They offer both kinds of hosting: full domain, and something called "virtual domain hosting." The latter is quite affordable and suitable if your site doesn't need heavy maintenance (like mine).

Here's the link.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
i have recently changed to mycybernet.net
inexpensive and reliable hosting
home and business services
starter packages also available

if you do select them, please mention MACSPECTRUM as I get a small credit on my account - yeah i know it's self serving, but if anyone has been following my email/web hosting and internet connectivity issues of late, you will find that i have been through the gauntlet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts