Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody
Since about 3 years I make backups from 1 and recently 2 iMacs to a Time Capsule. Last year the operation was suddenly impossible. So I removed the "sparsebundle" file on it and it worked again, for a time. From time to time I had to unplug the T.C. and everything was fine. I thought that the T.C. was sick so I decided to buy a 2TB Western Digital MyBook Live external hard drive. But after a couple of days, trouble again. The backup could not be terminated. When I go to Configure Time Machine, I don't even see the external disk anymore. I have to unplug the MyBook and then it's visible and the backup can be done. I tried to set the adress of the disk to 192.168.5.156 for example, problem is back. If I set it to DHCP it's the same thing.
What am'I doing wrong?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MyBook drive was brand new and it worked for a few days. Sometimes my wife's iMac is working and mine is not. Today it worked for 12 hours in a row, but it didn't worked during the night, I had to wake the disk drive this morning.
Strange...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.