Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,036 Posts
Pamela it's not called "bleeding edge" for nothing

Staying on the front edge of Macs is not for the weak of heart or pocketbook.
Even the head of the 100 year old company that does all the packaging for MacD's in Canada and Russia is hemming and hawwing about my getting him a 17".
Stevie knows his victims - buy the top of the line = pay through the nose then watch it get cut in two in value in 6 months. Been that way since Day One.

On the other hand you could have had a perfectly functional 1 gHz 15" that is NOT a "luggable desktop" for less money and have been enjoying a proven product that will run Quark in OS9!!
Or even a "cute as a button "12" Silver Bullet by now. Nice box - we just sold 2.

But then what do I know....... ;)

·
Premium Member
31,036 Posts
Pamela - actually for Cad you DO have a reason for the 17" but my question is why not twin monitors on a 15" when you are office bound. The 20" would be even better for long sessions and the 15" still useful on the road.

·
Premium Member
31,036 Posts
It's Hegel - not what you do over bagel prices - and he's a dualist but that's niggling - I'm liking this split personality emanating or is that eminenting ;) from our East coast.
The Oracle of ehMac. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.