Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is yours?

I could swear that, when I first installed Panther, it was faster than Jag. I TESTED IT, as some of you may recall. Recently, however, I have been experiencing jittery behavior and beachballs. For example, Medal of Honour is jittery as HELL in Panther. And, I JUST booted back into Jag and tried MoH on it and it is better.

Is anybody else experiencing this??

I use Onyx about every other day to clean and optimize EVERYTHING. :mad:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
For me, some things sped up, others slowed down. And for games, I knwo how you feel. Installing Panther v10.3 on our G5/1.6 GHz made half the installed games unplayable. I don't know what's with that -- either badly supported ATI drivers under Panther, or the games need some patches/updates to optimize them for Panther. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Lars

Anbody else

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Re: graphics,

What graphics card do you have? Some nVidia cards seem to have a slowdown on OpenGL. Most ATI cards that I have benched show at least a small increase in performance.

--PB

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro. you'd think itnwould be fine :confused: I had read of the nVidia issue.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I suffer from the NVidiot err.... NVidia problem myself. My Sawtooth G4/450 has an AGP GeForce 4MX card (Apple OEM style) and I was having horrendous refresh issues. (Beyond that, pretty much trouble-free).

PDF Screenshot here

In the case of the NVidia problem, I removed the GeForce.kext file and it fix the refresh problem, but I have lost all Quartz Extreme capabilities...

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts