Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here at Staples in Bellevue, ON and notice that their black MacBook is significantly spunkier than my white MacBook. There is only 1 gigs of ram just as mine. The white one next to the black is slower than the black as well. I know the black MacBook has a larger hard drive, but System Profiler doesn't tell me what rpm's it is. Could this be the difference, if it is a faster drive? Like I said, it is quick. Everything opens without any bounces whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
All MB drives are 5400, although there can be smallish differences between drives. Is yours C2D?

When did you last restart, run an Onyx etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've experienced the opposite at Future Shop. I found that the Macbook Pro on display felt significantly *slower* than my C2D Macbook.

I suspect that Future Shop doesn't leave their Macs on overnight, negating the OS X maintenance schedule.

Why don't you try running YASU on your Mac to perform some needed maintenance. You might find the speed increase you're looking for.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
When I put a Type R sticker on my car it went 10% faster, so just for fun i put the Type R sticker on my MacBook Pro but to my surprise it also went 10% faster. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to paint my MacBook Pro matte black and hopefully see the performance boost! Wooowweee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts