Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot freakin' believe this!!! I ordered the bloody thing moments after Steve finished the keynote, had a delay because Apple didn't get it to my door on Friday...and NOW I won't get it until AT LEAST THURSDAY because of some idiot customs officer.

I have to play fax-tag with FedEx because I do not have a "broker" to handle my "computer component order."

AUGH!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What a [email protected] joke.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Huh?

I ordered mine online last Thursday night and it was delivered today by FedEx. I thought brokerage was built-in and trouble-free when you order stuff like this online; how did your order get screwed up?

I didn't think I'd have the slightest interest in it, but... GarageBand is amazing. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I feel your pain, Vertigogo. I've locked horns with Customs myself. They're crazed Nazis!!
Sometimes, you get your shipment, no problem. Other times they just go psycho drill sergeant on you.

Good luck and take care!

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I don't think Apple uses FedEx to clear the shipments...the paperwork might have been screwed up by Apple's broker and it may not be the fault of FedEx or Canada Customs.

I had to deal with customs brokers for many years and I'll tell you that they are the most arrogant slime on this planet and probably cost companies and individuals untold millions of dollars due to their incompetance. Sorry to be so severe, but when you're on the receiving end of the afore mentioned incompetance, you just vent like that. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patience VertiGoGo.. no need to get all heated under the collar.. your iLife will be there soon enough and you wil forget about this whole thing..
At some point this will all seem funny, but I am very firm believe in "getting what you pay for WHEN you pay for it." This type of delay is unacceptable in these circumstances. Especially when it is over a $59 piece of software that other Canadians who ordered from the same company have already received.

It is obvious incompetence on a grand scale over at customs.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Doug - shall I start a Garageband folder for your tunes as I have for iLabmAn? I'm limited to about 160 gigs of storage.
LGBaker, thanks for the offer, heh heh. But I'll pass, knowing that my tinkering with GarageBand will result in creations too hideous for public consumption.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
I too ordered my copy the day it was announced.

FedEx tried to deliver it yesterday morning, but I was at work.

At least this time they left a card I could sign and leave on my mail box, authorizing them to leave it in my mail box.

It should be in my box when I get home at noon, as I only work mornings.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
On FedEx vehicle for delivery/DON MILLS CA 01/20/2004 08:39

Please Mom, be home, answer the door ... please ...

My status was "Paperwork avail. for non-FedEx broker " for a day.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I can't believe this I order my copy the day it was released... and my order says the ship date is 02/09/04 what is up with that!

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Actually if you order through Apple Canada's website you shouldn't be charged any duty or brokerage regardless of where the product is comming from.

Now if somehow you ordered through the Apple US website (and it somehow took your address) you should get charged duty and brokerage and gst.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
This whole customs tax thing has gotten out of hand for me.

I ordered a $20 USD item from ThinkGeek, and now the Canadian Customs wants me to bay an EXTRA $42 in taxes on it.

They are completely insane. I am not paying them a cent, let alone double what the product cost me to buy.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Quick! Now is the time for the defenders of Canada Customs to come forth and stem the vitriol that is surging to the surface - that's if any defenders can be found.

Doug - shall I start a Garageband folder for your tunes as I have for iLabmAn? I'm limited to about 160 gigs of storage.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heh... nope, it was a megatokyo poster.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I feel your pain. I ordered iLife04 and OSX10.3 on Jan 12 and haven't been able to track it. The Apple order status says "Shipped" with the courier called "Same Day Right Away". Who is this company? Where is FedEX? I called them this morning to find out that it hasn't been inputted into their database yet.

Wish that I would have ordered through my University bookstore instead. (no Apple dealers in my area)

·
Registered
470 Posts
i am also awaiting my iLife04 delivery -
fedex tried to deliver it today, but i was sitting at work - so i too am going to be leaving a note asking them to drop it in my mailbox -

fedex says that apple is very specific about their drop off process - it can not be held for pick up anywhere - and if it isnt delivered in their two attempts then it has to be sent back to apple.

same day courier - that is the company that delivers their ground shipments in canada - they on the other hand will allow you to pick up the product but their warehouse is out at the airport in toronro -

so, my wait for iLife04 is going to be another day.

cant wait

1 - 20 of 34 Posts