Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i simply waited for the power supply to blow on my girlfriends computer, then dumped the whole thing in the trash.

"wait, can it be fixed?" she asked.

"no," i replied. "no it cannot be fixed. everything is fried."

"oh no. i have all my music on that computer."

"that's too bad. looks like we're getting a mac. mac's are indestructible. this would have never happened if we were using a mac."

"can you see if you can find us a mac?"

"i'll see what i can do."

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the same problem, but with my husband. After 8 long months he's finally starting to crack...he used to trash talk Mac's, and now he wants to help me buy one so he can use it!

I'm slowly working my Mac powers over on him - haha!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Simply informed my Wife I no longer had time to keep the PC up and running. A serious maintenance, compatibility, worms, viruses, updates, more updates time sink. Told her that since I got the Mac I don't spend any time on this stuff.
Let her use mine, now she won't leave it alone. Now I have to get her one.
I think that went well?

·
Registered
350 Posts
i simply waited for the power supply to blow on my girlfriends computer, then dumped the whole thing in the trash.

"wait, can it be fixed?" she asked.

"no," i replied. "no it cannot be fixed. everything is fried."

"oh no. i have all my music on that computer."

"that's too bad. looks like we're getting a mac. mac's are indestructible. this would have never happened if we were using a mac."

"can you see if you can find us a mac?"

"i'll see what i can do."
Bad boy, bad boy... ;)

Good work thought. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
:D

I'm so happy!! lalalala!!!
It's been a tough purchase, I had to do a lot of convincing! Good ending though, we got the 17" model with the SuperDrive and everything. Upgraded it to 512MB RAM also!

Can't wait for it to arrive!
Oh Yah! Got an iSight for her too, haha... so we could iChat!

Ah well.. Just felt like sharing! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Whats the secret?
Ive been trying to break that barrier for months now!!
GF Would love this little iBook!
I can't seem to convince here..
Although, she wears a "Mac Geek" shirt, which makes me perma smile every time she wears it!

·
Registered
281 Posts
she wears my "apple developer" t-shirt too sometimes to sleep! the secret is in the design.... i got her a poster of the iMac, then primed her with heavy Mac talk, and constant trips to the Apple Store.. borrowed her the iPod, and em.. yah! haha!

oh yes.. keep dissing her PC too! it helps!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Did apple really make a G4 933?
Yep. ;)

On the topic of hard drives, IBM hard drives in older Macs were pretty much prone to malfunction.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I thought i'd contribute to the love fest...

My girlfriend took the plunge last night on a brand spankin' new iBook 800 G4!

Woo hoo!

A life long Wintel user, she will be completely abandoning her WinXP machine for this white beauty.

She also just registered here on ehMac the other day.

Kinda reminds me of the "Worlds Colliding" episode on Seinfeld. Unlike George, i am looking forward to the worlds colliding. It's just one more thing we have in common.

Awesome!

Now, i gotta find her a nice Apple shirt...

·
Registered
4 Posts
In response to the last post, don't push your luck.

You may have brought me over to the mac world computer wise and I thank you for that, but as for sporting an apple t-shirt, not bloody likely!

Now as for the Apple sticker on the car, we will have to see.
=)

Elenitsa

·
Registered
994 Posts
My wife came with an IBM PC pre-installed. I had a hack to make grip of familiarity release and then could do a clean install of a new iBook.

She is much happpier now.

Seriously, all of the computing problems she had are gone. All she used the thing for was surfing, shopping, email and to write a paper for school once in a while. But that durn PC would crap out every month or so. Windows is a pig.

iBook = 1 problem in 2 years, and that was an upgrade glitch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts