Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you said no BT, but it sure is awesome.

I'll throw it right into my massive BT music playlist
It sounds really good! Very nice job.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice!

I ordered my Garageband/iLife '04 (plus the Jampacked package) a few days ago. Can't wait!!!

Did you use a USB keyboard by any chance? I'm thinking of getting one of the eKeys USB ones; either 37 (small) or 49 (not so small). Anyone know if they are any good?

- smw

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's alright!

The drum tracks were a little out of sync. - heck, maybe that's what you wanted!

Not bad at all... how scary is this software!?

I'll be doing a whole arrangement when I get mine this Friday! I have about 100 songs I've written and arranged but haven't had the skills to produce...

I'm going to be on cloud 9 come Monday...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Same question as Stewart Wood:

Anyone have the dirt on decent USB MIDI KB's?

I DID notice that GarageBand also features an on-screen software KB! How effective is that setup? Can you configure the software to use the keys on a standard QWERTY KB also? (Useful if you want to produce tonal loops of your own with just a few notes right?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
pretty cool! I thought it was great! cheers

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Most of the work in Garageband comes in the actual arranging of a song. That sample I threw at you people was done in about 10 minutes. Nice to throw some additional effects in to! This app is truly a work of art!!!!!!

I just used the sample loops and instruments from the Garageband archive. I have not hooked up my keyboards yet, but that wil be the next step.

iLife is definitely worth the money. Perhaps the best software package I've ever invested my cash into.

Oh....as for the out of sync thing...yeah...listening back now I hear it. Thanks. One has to be sure that when one cuts and pastes a loop or pattern from one track to another that your left and right markers are exactly placed at a measure. It's easy to paste and eighth or sixteenth off. There is an option to snap to grid though.

I think a site devoted to our GarageBand tracks is in order? Agreed?

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I have foudn that GarageBand is an amazing program so far, however, it needs quite a bit of improvement before it is where it needs to be (IMHO)
If you want to check out my first thought and issues on GarageBand, I have bosted a lengthy article on my board about it. Check it out!

http://www.emotionent.com/perl/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=audio;action=display;num=1074451421

iLabmAn - Great work on the track so far (I recognize a couple loops there
)
I will post my track as soon as it is completed, I am using it to remix one of my songs!

I have missed quite the amount of postings! Since my new job, I have not time to board surf at work anymore, and I am working hard hard hard on my documentary (Full trailer to be released soon!), but I do come and read when I can!!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I can't wait until my iLife '04 shows up! I want to do just this type of thing when creating my own iDVD slide shows from iPhoto or make my own stuff for iPhoto slide shows.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Woah. The music is FUN!

I think snap to grid is essential, especially if you are working on a small screen. Can't wait to get my copy: went to six stores this weekend: one sold out, four had not received and one had it but was in the middle of their stock count and refusing to sell :eek:

BTW, who/what is BT?

·
Registered
802 Posts
iLabmAn....superlative. I've created an iLabmAn folder, so keep the tunes rolling. By the way, what will your stage name be? I want to get started on a CD cover.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
wwwhhhheeeeeeeeee!!!

The best thing about today was watching my 6 year old mix his own tracks to build his own song. He can't wait to come home from school tomorrow to "jam with GarageBand...like Daddy".

Some parents do hockey.

I GarageBand!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Not bad iLabmAn! I really liked the second track...it was just calling out for a surf-guitar sound to be added on top!

(Now where did I hide my Fender??)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, that is some crazy talent! Very nice job. Outclasses the 1 test song I did when trying out/learning Soundtrack a while ago on a friend's machine.

Somewhere Over There

Can't wait to get Garage Band! My friend will enjoy having both GB and the Soundtrack Loops working together.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
wow... this is what I suspected. GB is going to be very far reaching in it's appeal. Nothing new, just well pkg'd.

Nice one guys. As I mentioned in another post, there should be an OST - Original Sound Track created for ehMac, to be sold as a site fundraiser. No??

h!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts