Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker posting here. After longing for an iPod for over a year I finally purchased one today
I am the proud owner of a brand new 15 gig iPod, being used (some might say unfortunately) on Windows XP. Let me say, this is the best music player I have ever owned and I've only had it for a day. The initial installing had a few hiccups (MusicMatch Jukebox sucks) but after downloading and installing XPlay I have been enjoying my iPod non stop. Loaded up about 900 or so songs so far, still a lot more to go but I wanted to listen right away

Finding songs is extremely easy and fast. Sound quality is great and the unit itself is small and feels solid. I can't really describe how happy I am with it besides the 600 dollar price tag which came along with it. That's my only complaint so far because this is one amazing little toy.

I'm so impressed with the iPod maybe I'll pick up a iBook around X-max, funds permitting

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Hey Schmoe, glad you like it.

Question: Does Win XP mount the iPod like an external firewire hard drive, like OS X does?

I wonder if one could put an OS X system folder on it, and a Windows (XP? 98?) system as well, and have it boot a machine.... ?

:eek: good think Mark doesn't have one... evil genius at play... ;)

M

·
Registered
507 Posts
Argh,. i'm starting to have the shakes... mine should be delivered tomorrow or wednesday...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep it mounts as D: drive on my machine and I can drag and drop whatever files I want over to it. I think you can boot from it on Mac's but I'm not to sure about that on a Windows machine.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Nice one schmoe. Nice. Should look into accessories - like a matching iBook! :D

Have fun dude... you have one up on me.

H!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts