Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a G5 iMac.. 20", 2ghx, a gig of ram.. I've been happy with it, EXCEPT it has a very strange problem.. When there is a dark area on the screen, Red Dots Appear. doesn't matter what resolution they are there.

Took it in (under applecare) and had the LCD replaced. I've reinstalled the OS (three times).. and tried booting from the installation disks and an external hard drive.

I called apple today, and because I'm using it as my business machine.. they are replacing:

The Logic Board
and RAM

All on site.. and all for FREE because of applecare.

If this doesn't convince you to buy applecare, than nothing will!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Nice of them to do it on-site. AppleCare is the way to go, for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So, I have a G5 iMac.. 20", 2ghx, a gig of ram.. I've been happy with it, EXCEPT it has a very strange problem.. When there is a dark area on the screen, Red Dots Appear. doesn't matter what resolution they are there.

Took it in (under applecare) and had the LCD replaced. I've reinstalled the OS (three times).. and tried booting from the installation disks and an external hard drive.

I called apple today, and because I'm using it as my business machine.. they are replacing:

The Logic Board
and RAM

I think it would make more sense to replace it

They have replaced the , ram , lcd , logic board.....whats left?

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi there... just wondering, wouldnt this be standard warranty procedure with any warranty? I mean Applecare was not free right? You paid for extra warranty and now things are not right so they have to fix it. Just sounds like pretty normal stuff to replace items for free to get the problem fixed. I'd understand if you've been out of warranty for a year and they are offering you a logic board for free..... thats different.

The Logic Board
and RAM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts