Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i was heading home to vancouver from victoria on the day after thanksgiving. I took my iBook up to the work stations on the 6th floor of the ferry to kill some time. I was working in PS7 when i overheard someone behind me talking on his cell about apple education pricing and where to get products @ universities around vancouver... so i turned around and started a conversation with him. we chatted for a bit and it turns out he is in charge of education accounts for apple canada! it was pretty cool and it made a usually bad ferry trip bearable.

p.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is so cool. I have made that trip a number of times and plugging in at the desks is very civilized...

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
A few weeks back i was heading home to the Islands to visit the folks. I was sitting on the ferry writing something on my iBook and I had forgotten to turn off my AirPort card. After a while I noticed that my iBook had picked up and connected to a computer to computer network.

Out of curiosity, I fired up iChat and turned on Rendezvous and voila: two people online. I had a brief chat with one of them. Turned out they each had titanium PowerBooks and were on their way to Victoria (Apple employees too, not sure what area they were in though). They each had a shiny new iSight as well (this was right after they came out).

It was an interesting experience. I think it freaked them out when I started messaging them out of nowhere though.

--PB

·
Registered
728 Posts
I love these stories, any more?
The other day i picked up a wireless network from my friend's neighbour, very cool to find these from nowhere.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I ride that same ferry several times a month PB. I'll have to get an airport card for the old Pismo....sounds like a great way to pass the time on an otherwise boring trip. :cool:

(Actually, the scenery is spectacular. Too bad I'm so jaded that I hardly notice it any more).

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I love the ferry trip. I loved it just as much when I lived out there...

I deal with computers so much day to day, that the last thing I want is a computer when I'm on an "ocean" cruise...

Try driving across the prairies for boring! Now that's when I could use a laptop!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Now that I'm moving to the Sunshine Coast and traveling on the ferries more often, I'll have to give this a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts