Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a video for work that is going to be a promotional handout at a tradeshow. I am looking for some music suggestions for the audio track to accompany the slideshow.

The slideshow consists of pictures of homes displaying the lighting systems that we install.

Here is a link to the pictures that I am going to be using: Everglow Lighting

I was thinking of using Kim Mitchell's "Patio Lanterns", but my wife said it was too cheesy and 80's.

Any others?

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I know. Although I hate to admit it.

Also keep in mind the trade show is a home show and the demographics will be the homeowner 20 and upward.

G

·
I'd almost say not to even try to match the "theme" of things song wise, you want people to be paying attention to your stuff, not the music ... the music is just there to make it more appealing.

Also if you want to be true to copyright laws, you really shouldn't be using commercial (non public domain) music there without permissions ... depending on who you give the handouts to it could get a little hairy. Call me paranoid but I've seen a couple of clients in the past have to deal with copyright issues and it's not pretty most times :/

I'd google up some public domain stuff and just get some sort of music that sets the type of mood you are trying to portray that's non-obtrusive. I would want the user's undivided attention when viewing my promo, not having them either sing along with a song they like, or turn it off because it's a song they don't like :/

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife suggested that one.

I'm not worried about copyright violations. I just need some fitting music.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Maybe try the "Easy Listening" channel by CBC Galaxy on either cable or satellite. While you listen, they show the artist and title on screen so you can jot them down. All in all, a non offensive and acceptable brand of mood music. It might just offer something you seek.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.