Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

MSN Messenger for Mac petition

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ekcondon 
#1 ·
Hmmm, good idea, that petition. MSN for Mac needs some serious updates.

#2 ·
I would give 3rd party apps like 'Proteus' a try. They are more of a Mac app than MSN and they dont hog up the CPU like the MSN Messenger. Plus you can use all your IM (ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, etc) all from the same application.

http://www.indigofield.com

#3 ·
Proteus still needs some work before I'll switch to that -- for one thing, it doens't support more than 1 person in the same conversation like MSN Messenger for Mac, nor does it save conservations -- that it claims it can do, but everytime I turn it now, it doesn't save jack all.

#8 ·
I use Proteus most of the time, but the one major thing that it is missing is file transfers. Once they get that in, then I won't care about Messenger anymore.

#9 ·
ven if you're not interested in MS messenger and use proteus or Fire, I urge you to sign it, anyway. Reason? The more MS support of the Mac platform, the more viable a choice the Mac platform appears. Yes, we know you don;t NEED MS products to be totally functional with a Mac, but itt comforts "switchers".

It's a perception thing.

#11 ·
I wish Apple would expandd iChat to handle them ALL.

#14 ·
Knowing Microsoft and the popularity of MSN Messenger, they will make it a free download. But hopefully the new one will incorporate all the features of the PC one (i.e. Display Pics).

I think Apple should just integrate MSN into iChat. It would make more sense to do this and it would give MSN the X look.
I completly agree with this
, apple should do an "All-in-one" messaging system to have all chat systems

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.