·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
The browser standards are still all over the place -

XML based documents is what Apple is already using - open up a .plist and you should see "?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?", don't see what is upsetting about that.

As for (WPF/E) being the next standard, I have my doubts - ActiveX was supposed to be the next greatest thing also...

But, I'm not sure why you are worried about the OS divide being eroded. How do you see this happening?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Despite there being structural (like folder) variations between platforms, and despite Apple having a tighter grasp of security, I'm wondering if any security exploits resident within this technology would allow hackers a way to compromise the Mac platform if this indeed goes "cross-platform".

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
I trust that MacOS is much more secure than XP/Vista/name of month from MS...

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more secure. but not impenertrable. no matter what, this doesn't sound like great news.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
i'm not so much worried about the virus threat, what is more disturbing is the number of technologies microsoft is trying to make proprietary and windows only in vista.

designers should be freaked out about msoft's plan to take control over colour management, everyone should be concerned over the crazy DRM schemes, the attempt to kill openGL, take control of web media etc.

in my opinion vista is all about destroying standards and taking control of as many technologies as possible. the virus threat seems very minor in the face of this.

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
TroutMaskReplica said:
everyone should be concerned over the crazy DRM schemes
Like the one Apple uses? ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Microsoft has been hard on apple latly.. first saying they invented the iPod interface or whatever that nonsense is about...and now this... arrg!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For all forms of hacking, contact-
Email: Hcker4wise @ gmail com
Facebook: Hacker4WISE
Satisfaction Guaranteed and prompt delivery on all of our services.
We have a professional hacker suitable for all of your needs
Your anonymity matters to us

1 - 10 of 10 Posts