Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate when mp3s are fudged. like big gaps of space at the start/end of a song, or when an mp3 was a skip at the end or something.

are there any tools (freeware) that will let me trim to my hearts content?

Phil

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emceepj:
i hate when mp3s are fudged. like big gaps of space at the start/end of a song, or when an mp3 was a skip at the end or something.

are there any tools (freeware) that will let me trim to my hearts content?

Phil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quicktime 6 Pro edition allows editing of files. It should also allow you to trim MP3s, since it can play them too.

It's not free, but for $30.00 US, it's got a alot of versatility.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You can also do this in iTunes. You can set new In and Out points on the file. This will play only the portion you designate.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Thanks VertiGoGo! I never knew that. I'll see if I can do this when I get home...

Hey emceepj, I don't know if you are using OS 9 or X, but if you're using 9 try The Analogue Ripper. It's dead-dog-simple to use and well worth the $19.95 shareware fee. You'll need iTunes to convert the song to .aiff, then edit with T.A.R., then use iTunes to convert it back to .mp3

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.

i know about the in/out points in itunes, thats what i'm currently doing with those darn songs. but i'm just very anal when it comes to my music collection. :D

maybe i'll just fork out for QT pro in a few months......

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.