1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
It strikes me as a neutral thing. Mozilla is choosing a Canadian product for use in Canada. Now, if they chose it for the rest of the world, that would be impressive!

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
I've got the latest Firefox on my PC, but the default is Cloudfare. There's not even an option for CIRA, so Mozilla thinks otherwise.

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
I've got the latest Firefox on my PC, but the default is Cloudfare. There's not even an option for CIRA, so Mozilla thinks otherwise.
How an you tell which one your Firefox version is using?

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
They show a picture of the settings in the original link.

You go to Settings, and then at the bottom of that page you'll see Network Settings and a button labeled Settings. Click that to get the Network Settings page. Look at the picture on the CIRA site to see what selections to make.

Firefox is a mess for getting to these settings. You either go to "Settings" from the Tools menu, or to "Options" from the unnamed menu on the right.

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
I agree that Firefox settings are a mess. Followed your instructions on my latest Firefox Beta to find that Cloudflare is also my default.

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
It appears that Canadian Shield can become the "default" TRR only if you enable a custom option and insert a specific character string. That's not my definition of default.

·
Premium Member
42,594 Posts
Poor reporting by CIRA then.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Any networking experts here who can explain the advantages/disadvantages of DNS over HTTPS (DoH)?

·
Registered
198 Posts
It strikes me as a neutral thing. Mozilla is choosing a Canadian product for use in Canada. Now, if they chose it for the rest of the world, that would be impressive!
Idle musing #4,607: Wonder if there's a way to force commit Canadian Shield as default outside of Canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts