Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any old-school Hi-Fi buffs out there?

My analog system's MC cartridge is a Fideltiy Resarch 201. Awesome for its time, it is showing signs of use/age so now to think about a new cart. I am looking for something modest in the sub-$1000 range. Having been "out of touch" with analog Hi-Fi circles for many a year, I have no idea where to begin. Fidelity Research doesn't exist any more, so I can't do the trade thing. Google brings up a dearth of manufacturers, but I would like a "available in Canada" solution, preferably in the GTA, and a real store. OR if you know any company that can re-tip the FR, then that would be a consideration as well.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Contact Peter Scharman - he's a member here...he is in that biz...as I used to be.
519-576-5485

·
Long term Ehmac'er
149 Posts
My best recommendation is to call a store called Ring on Queen Street East. http://www.ringaudio.com/ Try calling them and see if they can sort the item out for you. They specialize in vintage audio gear and have helped me with some items that I thought were destined for the bin.... Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info MacDoc and Alex Sanders!

Alex, I will try your solution first. I am headed to downtown Toronto (GO, of course!) later this afternoon.

Macdoc, is the phone # you provided for Mr. Scharman a business or a residence? Reason being I don't want to call him at his home "out of the blue".

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Not to worry - it's both and Peter supplies Ring so just call him or email/PM hm from the board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts