Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks,

i'm gonna move my aperture library (2.1.4) to lightroom 2. i've poked around and understand that i'm going to export the masters (by project) and then point to the new folders in lightroom. i also understand that there is no particular way to move my adjustments over. has anyone discovered a work around that will allow me to move my adjustments with me?

thanks,

onion

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I don't know of any way of exporting the non-destructive changes - it's a question many have asked, but there are no answers that I can find. In addition to exporting the RAW files, you could export the changed photos as TIFFs though - so you'd have the original RAW and a very good quality version of the edited photo. Of course, that doubles the size of your library...how many photos are we talking about here?

I assume that you'll be using Export Masters and generating XMP sidecars that will transfer keywords and ratings?

I'm a happy Lightroom user - though I have about 15,000 photos that still need importing into LR, organizing, editing, etc. :yikes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts