Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know a good place to get EASY install instructions for setting up the Moveable type on my server (Setting up the Perl thing is what is holding me back I think)

Yes I have gone through the instructions on their site, but tis a bit confusing!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Moveable Type is really easy to set up.

Do you have Perl installed on your server? And is it the right version?

Easiest way to check is on the command line type in perl -v or perl --version

As for the actual installation, when I did it, it was a download, edit 1 line in a file (telling where my files would be), uploading to server, and then running a set up script. (And then an extra import script for my blogger entries) and then the main script so I could manage the blog.

If you need some extra help I'll be on the ehMac Chat Room (I don't have access to AIM or iChat at work.)

[ November 10, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
570 Posts
MT looks more complicated that it is. I was intimidated at first but after the first one it was easy. Search their forums as that is where I found a lot of help.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, after two days and many cuss words, the "Diary Of A Sinner" is now online!

If anybody wants to swap linkS let me know!

Thanks to Chealion and motoyen for their moral support, without their posts, I would have given up long ago!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
You guys are braver (and smarter) than me. I've long maintained that "Moveable Type" and "easy" should never be seen in the same sentence together. My brain freezes at the mere mention of perl...

I'm pretty happy with goofy ol' iBlog.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PGant,
I knew nothing about what I was doing (Other than how to use the FTP to upload files and change Permissions), i just read the directions and followed as best as I could, and guessed the rest of the way (Sometimes I just tried things to see if they would work loL)

it was a fun/frustrating ride, but i did it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts