Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a tiresome message that I wish I could turn off. Out of perversity, I have continued to use the same batteries that the machine has been warning me about since Sunday. They're still functioning perfectly, but I have turned off in the neighbourhood of 50 warnings of mouse battery status and five appearances of an instruction sheet, showing me how to replace the batteries. Truly, I would like to use all batteries until they're exhausted--not just sort of exhausted.

I checked a few online threads about turning off the warning, but short of major hacks it appears impossible. Sure I could throw away some good batteries so I don't have to endure the messages but that seems perverse.

I don't really appreciate this sort of nanny approach to computer management,

·
Premium Member
43,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologies--did not mean to put this thread in Mac Masters. Still getting that message though. Battery fine--warning messages making mouse dysfunctional.

·
Premium Member
43,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day 5. The mouse now auto-pauses some of my programs to tell me that it is going to run out of juice imminently. Mouse still functioning fine at more than 20 per cent of battery power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.