Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Booooooo!!!

Put the darn G4 to rest, Motorola -- it's REALLY freakin' outdated trasheesh! Patches won't fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Motorola is not out the woods yet, but with a little bit of money on R&D, they could make an excellent processor for the iBook family. I am not a fun of Motorola but it's always interesting to see a company compete against another one.It makes things more thrilling.. will it be an IBM, AMD, or an Motorola is the next whatever....

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I am so freakin' tired of this BULLSH!T!!!

MHz myth be damned...I want Macs running at a 2.5GHz minimum by next Tuesday. This is absolutely pathetic.

Sorry to be so negative...but my patience is running at an all-time low with Apple's stupid "speed bumps" (read: hiccups).

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
"I want Macs running at a 2.5GHz minimum by next Tuesday."

This is a big part of what is wrong with computers...
Everyone worries about a little number that has no "Real" practical meaning...

It is just an artificial measurement used to prompt new sales and the beleif that the dual 1.25 ghz mac we all bought last month is an obsolete ancient piece of crap...

Nickle and dime speed bumps are used to creat some fanatical pecking order...

does 2.5 GHz really say anything more to you than "This New Mac is faster than yer old one....."

The fact that it is new should MEAN that it is faster....

Clock cycles and bus rates and calculations per millisecond ... oh my....

Computers are already fast enough that most programs run in real time, long gone are the days when you hit a command in Photoshop and go for a cigarette...

{No, I'm not saying they are too fast and should stop developement...}

People should get over this GHz envy.... I would not buy a PC if it had tripe the GHz.... It would still use Windows...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
JAMG commented:
Computers are already fast enough that most programs run in real time, long gone are the days when you hit a command in Photoshop and go for a cigarette...
No it's not.

But in defense, you chose a bad example. Photoshop (depending on the file size) will eat up processor cycles like mad.

That said, MOST things people do with a computer are measured in eyeblinks rather than smoke breaks...

Photoshop can be an exception to this rule at times though...

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts