Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with my iTunes phone?
I bought an unlocked Motorola SLVR from a guy in Toronto on EBAY, which was supposed to have iTunes on it.
When I press the iTunes button, nothing happens, and the Moto website suggests that this means it does not have iTunes installed, and that furthermore, iTunes can't be user-installed.:
http://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1pdHVuZXM*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Does anyone know anythign about this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Are you sure you bought the SLVR (brushed black chrome finish) or the cheapie iTunes-less L2/L3? (metalic white finish).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any phone that comes factory "unlocked" does *NOT* have iTunes on it by default. Only the actual SLVR (Not just an L7 which is probably what you bought) has iTunes.

From that motorola page:
"Note: Overseas SLVR units will not have the iTunes application and cannot have it added to the phone."

The only phones that come out of the factory as unlocked are from overseas. However, it can be user installed. Do a web search for motorola phone hacking and there are tons of guides out there.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Any phone that comes factory "unlocked" does *NOT* have iTunes on it by default. Only the actual SLVR (Not just an L7 which is probably what you bought) has iTunes.
From that motorola page:
"Note: Overseas SLVR units will not have the iTunes application and cannot have it added to the phone."
The only phones that come out of the factory as unlocked are from overseas. However, it can be user installed. Do a web search for motorola phone hacking and there are tons of guides out there.
There is a guide in post 2 above. Note that since there is a reference to a cracked iTunes further discussion may not be appropriate here. Strange that iTunes is a free app, even on phones, that would need to be cracked to work on the unlocked L7.

Here is an unlocked locally sold L7 (no iTunes, again), no idea where it originated, but it is sold in Canada:
Motorola L7 SLVR Unlocked GSM Cell Phone - NO iTunes MOTOROLAL7 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
and
Canada Computers - Cellular Phones : Motorola SLVR L7, 262K colors, TransFlash slot, w/camera GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900-----------------Unlocked Phone.
and the L7i:
Motorola SLVR L7i iMode Unlocked GSM Cell Phone (Blue) L7IBLUE in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts