Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cruising AppleInsider and they have a massive thread about Panther going on. I only mention it here, because on the page I am about to link to Brad (a mod at AI) has posted a crap tonne of screenshots from Panther for all to enjoy.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26772&perpage=40&pagenumber=3 (this is page 3, where the bulk of the screenshots are)

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26772 (this is page one of the thread)

There are also little write ups on some of them, and lots of questions from people not using Panther being answered by people using Panther.

It is an interesting threead, but if you start to read the whole thing make sure to block off some time, it is 9 pages long as of right now, for a total of around 330 posts.

--PB

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
PB, might Panter have a postitive effect on this situation at Scotia Bank, or is this beyong the scope of any of the "cat" programs?

Scotia Bank cuts Safari support
Thursday, July 3, 2003 @ 11:40am

MacNN reader Kieren MacMillan let us know that the Safari browser has stopped working with Scotia Bank's online service: "I pointed my Safari browser at Scotia Bank to do my online banking, and was denied entry because I wasn't using a 'supported browser'." Scotia has not responded to users inquiring about this anomaly.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr. G, Safari being incompatible with Scotia Bank is more a Safari issue than an OS one, so I would send feedback to both the Safari Development team (via the bug or Apple's Website) and to Scotia Bank.

On a related note, Royal Bank works fine with Safari. :D

--PB

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
PB, any word on the compatibility with TD or CIBC, which are the banks I utilize via online banking services?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi Dr. G,

TD CanadaTrust is super Mac friendly. Safari's browser has worked from day one on their site. They also support Quicken for Mac on their site. I do all my banking online with TD without a hassle. Let's hope TD keeps up the good work

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
TD has been working for me.

:cool:

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
There is a way to work around the problem. I'm aware of the Scotia bank issue so here is the fix:

Fire up Terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

Relaunch Safari and you'll get the Debug menu. Select Windows MSIE 6.0 from the user agent and go use the Scotia Bank website.

I really hate it when web authors do a browser check and code things differently. I understand there are differences between IE and Netscape that make a difference but come on.

Anyhow, just changing what Safari reports itself as is enough in most cases to spoof the web code into allowing you access.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts