Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you guys living in Montreal has experience with radioactif.com high speed internet access ?

From a few blogs I have read, they come highly recommended when compared to Bell Sympatico. They offer for 29.95$ a month (no contract) 1.7mbps download speed, and no download limit (Bell has a smiliar speed offer at 44.95$ a month).

http://www.radioactif.com/HVforfaits.htm

Website is only french.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I would be wary of a company that says unlimited transfers.. they can never stay in business with that type of arrangement.. but I've not tried them.. if they are for real and for the long term, I would get them right away at that price.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
no doubt. Things are always unlim when they're small. Then the ppl come, and they can no longer afford to. [read NetZero et al]

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
If you are wary take a look at these guys. http://www.cuic.ca I'm a client myself and they are unlimited, allow for servers and for an addition fee you can get a static IP. They cover Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.

Finch

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thank you for the nice advice. I totally agree with the fact that unlimited transfers at that price might seem too good to be true, however like it was mentioned, Radioactif.com is small and a newcomer, and with an increasing clientele, might cut down on service, increase fees, etc.

I might go with Bell sympatico regular DSL, for 29.95$

Thank you again.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Also, check out iStop.

They're located in Ottawa and serve most of Ontario and Quebec. Prices are great and you can buy your own modem; search the forum comments on DSL Reports for iStop.

There seems to be a lot of happy campers. My brother just signed up; he's quite pleased so far, getting screaming speeds on his Snow iMac, after suffering with AOL & plain old dial-up service for a year and a half...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great Doug, thanks for the info.

I checked out their website and their prices seem really good, starting at 29.95$ for 1.7 Mbps download with an external ethernet modem, nice, much better than the Bell Sympatico deal.

I had never been aware of all these smaller high-speed ISPs before, always thought of Bell or Videotron when thinking residential high-speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts