Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i'm trying to talk my mom into getting a mac for the new family computer back home. i went home to victoria for the weekend and she told me she wanted to replace the dinosaur of a pc they had. she told me she's looking at dell's. my eyes went wide and i flipped open my ibook and pulled up the emac info page. she seemed intrigued. then she emailed me for more info on it today. so, i need some random quotes and info i can throw at her so she'll be swayed from the dark side. my sisters will be in to it, but i fear my step dad might be too afraid to cross over.

help me!!!!! i must save the rest of my family!!!

thanks, Phil

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
tell her that she'll be able to cut some of the same movies you're cutting as well. That should be reason enough right there! :D

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
for starters, try the apple /swtich page of commercials

i am sure you can glean some good quotes from there

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
The eMac is an AWESOME machine! I just love it! It is my second Mac and my partner and I are extremely happy with it.

It's fast. It has a great screen. You can do everything on an eMac (and more) that you can on a stupid ol' Dell.

Do not hesitate about the eMac...it is rock solid and just a wonderful computer all in all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought two eMac's for the newspaper offfice last month. To tell the truth I thought them kinda ugly until we set them up... then started to really like them. They look really "1970's spacey" and the screens are very, very good - flat screen CRT's. The later models are fast (especially if you pop some extra RAM into them) and they are quiet running. I grew to like them so much that I started to favour them over the noisy G4 tower I normally operate.

Good value, good looks. Can't go wrong!

- smw

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
VertiGoGo,

I can play Battlefield 1942 on my stupid old Dell. Can I do that on an eMac? :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The new eMacs are quiet???

What models are they that you bought?

I had one of the first eMacs 700 mhz with CDRW 640 mb of ram.

It was ok except for the loud awful fans.

Anyone here compare the newer eMacs for noise to the 700 mhz model?

If the new ones are quiet at $1199 they area sweet deal.

Especially if the monitor problems have been fixed.
Sure they are. They are an excellent deal if you can get over the design of the thing. Which, as i said, I did...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
VertiGoGo,

I can play Battlefield 1942 on my stupid old Dell. Can I do that on an eMac?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
Yes, you can. I run Windows 2000 perfectly on my Mac through Virtual PC (although I hate seeing it on my eMac).

You can also get emulators for just about anything, including PS2, etc...

Play your game to your Heart's content.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I hope she gets an eMac. Even if she's never use a Mac before, I'm sure she'll be fine as long as she is somewhat computer literate.

I just purchased my wife the new 1GHz eMac with the SuperDrive. She's having a great time with it and she actually prefers the one-button mouse. The keyboard is very nice, but the cords are very short.

She's even happy that it doesn't boot into OS9 because she has no idea what OS9 is and she doesn't care about have two OSs anyway. OSX has been very easy for her to get used to. She has had no problems 'switching' from her PC to her Mac.

She's so happy since the machine hasn't crashed once! Plus, it took just 4 business days to get to our place and that's with the free (slow) shipping option.

We were able to network her eMac with my iBook very quickly and very easily. I was astonished at the simplicity of connecting the two macs together.

Good luck.

James

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Then it really isn't worth running...now is it?
:D ;)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Battlefield 1942? psh.. Its useless... No Mac version... its just a crappy game... ;)

The thing is I don't think emceepj's mom wishes to play BF1942, so I think its just fine. However BF1942 is very nice, and well you think they'd port it over :mad: But Mac gaming is improving everyday... Come on can you tell me of a PC company that is as good as Ambrosia Software?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts