ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MobileMe is back up, my subscription has been extended by 6 months for free to June 30 2012, and I the activation key that I had on the account that was set to be used at my auto renewal in Dec, is valid for a refund, that I can request now.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Summary
What's happening to MobileMe?
Effective June 6, 2011, if you had an active MobileMe account, your service has been automatically extended through June 30, 2012, at no additional charge. After this, the MobileMe service will no longer be available.

Products Affected
MobileMe
What will happen to the content I have on MobileMe?
Apple has announced a new service called iCloud which will be available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your me.com or mac.com email address and move your MobileMe mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.

When iCloud becomes available this fall, more details and instructions will be provided on how to make the move.

Can I create a new MobileMe account?
You can no longer create a new 60-day trial account or start a new subscription using a code contained in a MobileMe box. However, if you have a Family Pack subscription, you can still create new family member accounts.

Can I upgrade to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage?
Effective June 6, 2011, you can no longer upgrade your Individual account to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage for your MobileMe account.

I purchased a MobileMe box and have not used the activation code inside. Can I get refund for it?
Yes. If you have an unused activation code from a MobileMe box, you can submit a refund request.

·
Funny Fellow
430 Posts
As long as I can still use the "Find my iPhone" feature then that is all I need.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Hmmm... but what about my webspace? I'm hosting my personal website on MobileMe...

Sorry this is more of a rhetorical question. I know you don't have an answer.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I'm wondering as well, as I have a website I created on iWeb. What happens to it after June of 2012?

·
Registered
378 Posts
my question re: MobileMe _ my friend who introduced me into the Mac world often shares files with me via her MobileMe account. Will that feature still be available from the "iCloud" ?

·
Apple Enthusiast
881 Posts
So MobileMe is back up, my subscription has been extended by 6 months for free to June 30 2012, and I the activation key that I had on the account that was set to be used at my auto renewal in Dec, is valid for a refund, that I can request now.
All MobileMe subscriptions were extended to June 30, 2012. My family pack was due for renewal in September 2011.

By the way, I have 2 MobileMe spots available if someone wants one, PM me. This way you secure your @me.com account. I'd be more than welcome to share (at no cost of course).

M

·
0 Posts
iWeb can publish to a standard web host, so all is not lost if they stop supporting it in the cloud, you can just move to a new host and export the site there and continue using iWeb as long as it keeps working. I'd be really surprised if Apple didn't get something in place for users before the end of MM next year. If not I'm sure that someone will come along to pick up the slack Apple is leaving behind and giving you tools to migrate to something new (like squarespace and the like).

·
Registered
801 Posts
Does anyone else have an open MobileMe spot I could snag for my parents? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
I'm more saddened by the loss of Galleries than iWeb. There's nothing nicer than Galleries that I can find from a third party.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Apple needs to release all the extensions/webapps/etc. so widgets can continue to function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts