Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to finally get one. Is there one/brand that cats would like to recommend? Looking @ a Canon ZR40. Also looking at the Sony TRV18-25. Pricier but I know that they work well. Haven't heard much from the Canons though. Curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go with Canon, anything in their DV line is good. I find their products far superior to all the other DV makers.

But if I had to recomend one, and I'm assuming you can't afford the XL (who can?!), it would have to be the Optura.

I get to use alot of DV for work. And the Optura is consistently the best. The features on this little machine are incredible. The quality of the image stabilizer alone is unseen on cameras of this range and type.

Trust me, if you have a discerning eye, it'll be worth it.

Check it out!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I have both the ZR40 and the S110 digital still camera. All I can say is Canon is to photography as Apple is to the computing experience, both are reliable, easy to use and fun to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Here Here!
Go with the Canon
I have a GL2 and it is Incredible. I have used the ZR series and am very impressed with them for consumer usage. I have found that the Sony camera's tend to have much more grain in them than the Canon series, but they work well also.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,499 Posts
Ohenri, I have the Canon ZR40 and find it quite good. You don't pay for a still photo function which is not very good even in the most expensive DV camera. It also does not have all the fancy functions that drive the price up but are not utilized. All in all, it is a fine DV camera, and this from a life-long Panasonic and Sony user.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacDaddy:
Here Here!
Go with the Canon
I have a GL2 and it is Incredible.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A GL2? :eek: :D What, you wanna start your own TV News Broadcast Service? You could with that bad boy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I posted a query about DV cameras a while back and most of the reponse was to the Canon side of the line.

We did get the Canon ZR40 and have been quite happy with it. It may not have all the bells and whistles and still camera features of a pricier model, but it does what it does well. It probably can do more than what we think, but we were able to start straight out of the box, more or less. Depends too on what you will be shooting and for what purpose. For us, home movies.

And, the price has dropped about $50 since we bought it two months ago. Ah well...

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow.... looks like it's Canon, and @ that, I may have to get that ZR40. So is the transfering of clips in iMovie smooth??? I've yet to play with it at all. Does the ZR40 conceal well?? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ohenri:
So is the transfering of clips in iMovie smooth???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a word, YES!!! I refer you to Janie Porsche.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts