Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It's not very likely to happen. It's alot like the "Disney to buy Apple" rumours. It's been around for ages and has never even come remotely close to being true.

:cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I especially find it hard to belive that after so many years Macromedia has finally ported Cold Fusion (which is a J2EE) application server over to Mac OS X Server

Now Apple has some more bragging rights and flash/cold fusion designers no longer have the ability to shun the mac since now their app server of choice can be on their future platform of choice!

Refreshing...I think so!

·
Premium Member
5,246 Posts
I don't think it's at all far-fetched. Macromedia is a relatively small company and has suffered some serious losses over the years. If not MS then possibly someone else. Stock price has been rising steadily (from $7 in 01-Oct02 to $13 today).

On the positive side, MS is antitrust shy and Macromedia has weathered storms before. As others have pointed out, this is an old, recurring rumour. The outlook for 2003 is much brighter than last year. 3rd quarter 2003 results are due on 22 January 2003.

Yahoo Finance: Macromedia

And yes, it would suck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.