Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,277 Posts
He already has Office 2004 (2003 was PC :p), he only wants a file format converter type thingy like G-Mo posted. I know people are trying to be helpful but think about this for a second, why would anyone prefer using Neo/Open Office over MS Office if they already have MS Office? I don't mean to diss the Open Source thing... it's great for people who can't afford or don't see value in the real thing... I used Open Office on my PC for a few years up to college but when I worked for two semesters before starting BCIT, I quickly realized just how much more powerful and less cumbersome and slow the real thing was and I plopped down $200 for the student edition right away. And as much as I love iWork '08... I'm going to purchase Office 2008 soon because I need the more powerful features for work (so I don't qualify for the Home Edition I guess? :( ). iWork will still have its place as a desktop publisher, personal spreadsheets, and all kinds of presentations (I did a KeyNote presenetation for work... my coworkers loved it!)

· Registered
4,277 Posts
I'm just wonderring if somewhere in the Home Edition it states that it may only be used for non-commercial work... meaning the version is officially off limits to businesses even though the only main thing it's missing is Exchange support. I plan to use Excel to benefit myself financially, meaning I may not qualify for Home Edition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.