Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going for the free TechTool 4 CD (release coming the end of May) with the purchase of Drive 10? I contacted Micromat to make sure the CD can be sent to Canada, but haven't heard from them yet. Has anyone used Drive 10? Useful? It might be just worth buying to get TechTool 4.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
i also emailed them a month ago and asked what the difference was between drive 10 and TTP 4 since TTP 4 is supposed to include the features of drive 10.

haven't heard back either.

i like micromat, but i would hate to think that they are using this "promotion" to pay for the development of TTP 4.
also, no firm date for release of TTP 4 has been given.

if anyone has any news, please share, as i will if i get any info.

good topic csonni !!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I too am curious.

I like Tech Tool (Classic)

Drive 10 is a lame duck.

TTP4 is promising........

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hmm, well MicroMat must like me because they answered my e-mail quickly enough.

IMHO Drive 10 is not worth the price.

Personally, I am going to get them to upgrade me from 3.x to TT 4.

BTW, for faxSTF users in here, they have started shipping a new PRO version. What they have failed to tell you is that you can UPGRADE to the new Pro version for less than 1/2 price. I assume you had to be a version 6 PRO user.

So, upgrade upgrade upgrade!

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since this special offer expires on April 30, I was wondering if anyone has any info on this offer. Is Drive 10 truly a "lame duck"? Will TechTool 4 offer everything Drive 10 offers? Does anyone know the actual price on TechTool 4 on its own?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered the side grade (TTP 3 -> Drive 10) from Micromat to get the FREE upgrade CD for TTP 4, hopefully coming in May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts