1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
So, what was your 4-letter score? (Mine is INTJ). Do you feel that the test produces accurate results (I do.)
The first time I took the test a few years ago I was an ENTP and no, I don't believe that the test produces accurate results because I have taken the same test multiple time and ended up with different results, depending on my mood or mental state at the time I am taking the test.

Sometimes I am just ambivalent about an answer and that also would change my type indicator.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I first took the MBTI back in 1994 during an organizational behaviour course at SAIT, my results said I was an INTP.

I've had the opportunity to take it several times since then and I keep coming up INTP.

Are the results accurate? After I had been married for 5 years I came across the old test and looked up the description on the net...after my wife read it she understood what was wrong with me. :)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
I N F P

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
It nailed me pretty close and the staffer who sent it to me. We had a few laughs going back over events over the 10 years he's been involved with Macdoc and identifying the "traits" disclosed in the testing, including the very day we met.

Pretty extensive body of work around it.

Got me pretty good as a INFJ

It can be seen that NFs prefer an organizational structure which is decentralised, which has no clear line of authority and no central leader. On the other hand, ST's prefer an authoritarian and bureaucratic organization with a well defined hierarchy and central leadership. The reasons for this stem from the nature of the work preference types.

The NF person requires a high degree of autonomy and freedom in order to exercise his preferences and feeling.
MacDoc to a T ! :eek:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I hate those personality tests, because you act differently in different cases and places. You also can adapt to try and overcome certain traits so you do better in certain situations.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Dr. G - right on your profession as "healer" ;)
Hey a new meaning for 1%ers. :D

Idealist introverts are abstract in thought and speech. They are aspirational, positive and oriented toward the future. They long to unite people in peace and love. There are two different types, the Counselor (infj) and the Healer (infp).

Idealist introverts make up just 2% of the population.

INFj AND INFp ... WHAT DO THE LETTERS MEAN?

"i"
Both types are "i" which means "introverted" or energized by being alone.

"n"
Both types are "n" which means their way of processing the world around them is "iNtuitive" rather than sensory. Their natural habitat, so to speak, is the world beyond the five senses ... things that can't be seen, heard, touched, smelled or tasted. Since this ability is beyond the comprehension of the other types, it is usually misunderstood and ill described as with Keirsey who says, "they prefer to leave the practical details of their lives to others and spend their time making inferences, imagining, daydreaming, musing or wondering about things that are not accessible to the five senses."

Hmmm. I think for the most part, it would be fair to say they think we make these things up :)

"f"
Both types are "f" which means their basis for decision-making is "feeling" vs. "thinking".

"j" or "p"
The difference between the two types of idealists, then, is their need for closure. Infj's are "j" for "judging" and need closure in their life process. Infp's with "p" for perceptive need an open ended life process. Keirsey elaborates, "Myers [the originator of MBTI personality typing] claimed that she confined her usage of the word 'judgment' to mean 'coming to a conclusion' but again and again she used 'judgment' to describe people who make and keep schedules in their daily lives. Myers also used the word 'perception' to describe people who prefer to probe for options and thus not be tied to a schedule."

Both types focus intensely on human potential - that of a few people around them -- and are among the most "introverted" of all types, having exceptionally rich inner lives and little or no desire to be in positions of leadership. It is interesting to note, for example, that an idealist type has never been president of the United States.

Both types of introverted idealists are rare, making up only 1% of the population in each case. [No type makes up more than 13% of the population.] The other group that is this small is the Rational introverts (Masterminds and Architects) who also make up just 1% of the population each.
Got Magic? Idealist Introverts ... infp infj counselor and healer

••••

Kosh
You also can adapt to try and overcome certain traits so you do better in certain situations.
General sense is that personality is set around age 3. Good luck changing. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's an interesting exercise - plug your Meyers-Briggs type into a Google search. It's amazing how much information you'll see, and how seriously people take this stuff. You'll feel like you've joined a big club, or even like you're exploring a previously-neglected ethnicity.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
ESTP

I hate those personality tests, because you act differently in different cases and places. You also can adapt to try and overcome certain traits so you do better in certain situations.
You cannot alter your core personality without long-term conditioning. Personality tests are quite accurate within a certain time frame.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
INTJ

You should be aware that in academic Psychology circles Meyers-Briggs is considered to be little more than a 'party piece'... :D
Meyers-Briggs certainly.

What about Myers-Briggs?

(INTJ)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.