Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm going to be buying a computer from moonsocket soon, and I have a few concerns.
The only method I know of to pay is through EMT, which is a cash bank tranfer and has no security.
I know moonsocket has been around for a while but I'm never completely comfortable sending cash over wire transfer, to anyone.
I'm sure other sellers, with no reputation, would have difficulty getting money wired to them. What other methods are available that don't have the 2.7% commission rates of PayPal, but let me use my credit card to pay an individual? (Credit card companies offer some fraud protection)
Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
You can also paypal money with a bank account, but I'm not sure if the protection is the same as if you pay via credit card.

Alternatively, how about personal check? Wait for it to clear before shipping of course. Then you have moonsocket's addy, which is good.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I've used Certapay twice (selling, not buying) and I was pleased with how well it went. It's essentially a cash-via-email system that is run by the banks.

Check with you bank and see if they support it...as for fees, my banking plan covered it, but I can't say whether this is universally true of other banks.

Hope this helps.

Here's the link for your info: Link

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Have you got a Yahoo.com email account?
Yahoo offers email money transfers now,
I'm not sure what the charge is (I haven't investigated it...Yet)

Dave :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts