Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ok, I know...but most of the people I talk to are on MSN Messenger, not iChat or AOL. So I'm stuck using it. I have tried the replacements out there, like Fire and Proteus, and I just haven't found anything that I can get into and use well. Maybe I'm just used to the official software. Anyway, the point of this is, does anyone know if MS is EVER going to update their mac version? I mean, we're still stuck on v3.5. Have they just ignored us? I mean, it works and all, but still, I'd like to see some improvements. I'm not sure if their is a point to this post, or even if it belongs under Anything Mac, but hey, it's 2:20AM so I'll let you all decide. Any MS insiders here?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
TGW - This belongs in Anything Mac. Personally I haven't used MSN Messenger for Mac in months. I use Proteus, and the latest version has support for MSN 6.0 emoticons. Although it is rumored the next version of Office should be coming in 2004 (my guess is mid 2004) and a new version of Messenger should be expected with it at least.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
AdrianL, primarily the best reasons for Proteus for me anyway are that I can have both my ICQ and MSN accounts open. That and I can control my list more effectively. I rename all my contacts to their names, and so people who change their nicknames every few seconds don't require me to put my mouse over their name to see their email address and be able to put the address to a face.

It isn't perfect, but for the most part I find Proteus much nicer. Along with there being no ads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts