Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to say that I love ehmac.com and that my hat goes off to you for creating it.

I love the fact that mac users from every walk to life can come here freely without, discrimination, whether they are male/female gay/straigh black/white etc...

I stand proud as a citizen of ehMac.

While I may not post every day, I am a faithful daily reader. ehMac.com has become part of my daily routine.

Once again, my hat goes off to you.

Citizen #774 aka Nick

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Wow. Thanks very much Nick!! A very kind compliment. I'm very glad you and others are enjoying ehMac!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Multicultural Mac

Multicultural
ADJECTIVE:
1. Of, relating to, or including several cultures. 2. Of or relating to a social or educational theory that encourages interest in many cultures within a society rather than in only a mainstream culture.

I love Sherlock 3 (Jaguar Dictionary)

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Ditto and cudos from me as well. I'm still a relatively new member, but I find myself logging in more frequently as time goes on. There's lots of good dialogue and problem solving to keep me interested. I'm also in Kitchener, so maybe we'll cross paths one day. A coffe would be great. Thanks for a great MUG.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I confess...I am an ehMacAddict.

Does this mean I have to start going to a bunch of meetings and suffer withdrawal or something? Do I have to get up and tell my story in front of a bunch of other poor souls who have the same daily urge to log in?

Gosh, I hope not! I went through that when I got off that near lethal combination of bug repellant and aftershave that I used to be hooked on. :eek:

I don't seem to get the same hangover from ehMac....and I haven't eaten any of my housepets recently....so maybe it isn't quite as hard on my system as concentrated DEET and Aqua Velva. This is a good thing.

We all have to find something that we really like and gives us a rush. Preferably something that doesn't damage our liver and is not too flammable.

For me, ehMac is it! :cool:

(I'd say it was an unqualified success Mr. Mayor!) ;)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I confess...I am an ehMacAddict. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say we were junkies... :D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
If my post count says anything, then I am definitly a junkie. I have many many more posts than some people who have been here much much longer. Like I said before, must be the positive atmosphere.

--PB

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
If my post count says anything, then I am definitly a junkie. I have many many more posts than some people who have been here much much longer. Like I said before, must be the positive atmosphere.

--PB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That and your knowledge that surpasses quite a few of us

I wish I knew that much... But I have time to learn :D Maybe I will catch up ;)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Using the machines since I was in kindergarden will do that for the brain.

Seriously though, I learn something almost every time I visit these forums as well. just one more reason to keep comin back.

Thanks for the kind words.

--PB

·
Registered
175 Posts
ehMac is the first place I visit every time I launch a web browser, and the last place I check out before I close a web browser. The only thing I hate about ehMac is when there are no new posts to read :(

But that doesn't happen too often.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh I just remembered. How about an ehMac night. Like a pub night or something along them lines where all the local yokels can get together and discuss all things ehMac. We could all take the Mayor out for a drink to show him our gratitude... I'm sure he'd be up for that ;)

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alesh:
ehMac is the first place I visit every time I launch a web browser, and the last place I check out before I close a web browser.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, in Internet Explorer I have a subscription which checks ehMac every five minutes for site changes. I love hearing that ChuToy alert sound which tells me there is a new post!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, I didn't know such a feature existed... but then again I don't use IE. You sure are an ehMacAddict Bjornbro!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I think we're all ehMac addicts! ;)

The next meeting will be on thursday night in the church basement....we can all confess our sins and try and get this monkey off our collective backs.

Or not.

BTW-PosterBoy, I have also enjoyed reading your many posts and I've learned a lot. Keep em coming!

Hey....have you thought of changing your screen name to "PostingBoy"?

(it beats Bart, after all)

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Well, it looks like a bunch of us live in the K-W area. We could have an ehMac get-together, and talk about Mac,eh. The mayor's beer would be on us.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello

It's good to see that everyone else enjoys ehMac as much as me.

We may be a FrEaKs but at least we will all be FrEaKs together.

It's to bad that there is not more Mac lovers close to me out west. My roommate and I are starting a MUG.

I do all of the design printing through work. Another MUG member has a design/web hosting shop and will be hosting the MUG page.
Now if only we had more members.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Hey Nick....whaddaya mean by "out west"?

From my vantage point, you are a full day's drive back east!

The ehMacaddiction has spread right across this vast land of ours...like some kind of mutated virus. I'll check and see if there is a twelve-step program available in your area. A cure is probably available, if you want it.

Of course...if you should choose to live with this addiction...then I'm sure that all of us would be quite happy to hear from you on a regular basis.

Besides...I'm told that withdrawal from this particular habit can cause some serious side effects and will probably result in alarming physical manifestations. I stayed off this forum once for five days and caught myself shaving my kneecaps. Scary stuff indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick:
It's to bad that there is not more Mac lovers close to me out west. My roommate and I are starting a MUG.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be with ya in spirit Nick. I used to live in Sparwood 1982-1983. It was thanks to my family moving "out west" that I became a Mac user. I started using Macs in 1985 when we ended up in Langley 1983-1986 (can't say I miss the weather though).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts