Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Mayor needs help!

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  MacDoc 
#1 ·
Ok odd situation. I have to do a presentation tomorrow on iMovie and iDVD. I have use of both a Power Mac G4 933 with a SuperDrive and a Dual 867 without SuperDrive.

The 933 with the SuperDrive for some reason is not working with the LCD projector that I have. The Dual 867 works fine, but iDVD does not work on it without a SuperDrive.

I know there was a patch floating out there to allow one to use iDVD on a Mac without a SuperDrive. Does anyone know where I can borrow this patch? I know this patch is not really "legal" but I just need it one day to do a demo.

Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at ehmax@ehmac.com.

Thanks

#4 ·
EhMax,

While you're looking for the patch (versiontracker?)... are you still exploring options to make the 933 work with the projector?

Apologies for stating the obvious (you've no doubt tried this):

- varying the resolution & Hz setting in the Displays PrefPane (or Monitors & Sound control panel)?
- ensuring that iDVD was set to NTSC not PAL when you authored?

just top of my head stuff...

M.

#5 ·
Yeah.. I've tried various things on the 933. I need to have the video sent to both an 15" Apple LCD and a LCD projector and mirror the image. It has worked fine on the 933 before, but all of a sudden, I can't get the image to mirror at all. I've tried about 30 different things. Resolution changing, zapping P-Ram, reset Kudo chip, reseating the video card etc.. etc...

On the Dual 867 the video mirroring works great.

#8 ·
Hmm the Superdrive in the 933 is longer than the current ones - might not work. iDVD will work in OS9 but not iDVD 2. Do you have another video card to run the projector - even a PCI should drive it
The 867 card will not work in the 933 - ;-(

I do have the patch and might trade it for some new emoticons...how's that for blackmail ;)

#14 ·
Sorry that was YOUR home acount - but it seems to have bounced - maybe too late at night to do it right. On its way to the ehmax address

#17 ·
Mission accomplished..yay to the icons. Hope the patch or something works.

And yes Michael you are an accomplice to blackmail and with Mr. Mayors permission I sentence you to 3 months of contributing to ehMac. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.