Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
1,697 Posts
ehMax, send me!!!!!! I have a valid US Passport, and a New York City accent, so no problem getting in to NYC's SoHo's Apple Store. I'll take loads of digital pictures, and some videocam clips. I also have a valid Canadian Citizenship card, and an honest face (just in case they racially profile people at the border), so reentry is no problem. I also have my diplomatic passport from ehMacLand, but I would like to bring my wife and the two doxies to see the land of my birth, so she will need this passport (which just says "Dr.Glassman" and no picture, which is great for my wife). So, what do you say????????? ;) :D :cool:

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
eek.. I don't have a Passport. Should my licence and birth certificate help?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A passport is best, especially since Sept. 11th, but if you don't have that make sure you bring your driver's license AND birth certificate. I remember when I went before Sept. 11th, I got bugged about only having my driver's license - I don't keep my birth certificate in my wallet. I got through, but it was a little more difficult.

· Registered
372 Posts
I agree that a passport is the single best piece of ID. You will likely need 2 govt. issued picture ID's (I find my Firearms License is perfect) plus birth certificate.

Don't be funny with the border guards, unless you like the feel of latex.

Do NOT have booze on your breath when you come back. Canada Customs will not arrest you, but they will notify the OPP and will keep you at customs until the OPP are ready to watch you get behind the wheel.

Take in a hockey game, or be a tourist. Buffalo can be fun.

And let us all know how things went.

· Premium Member
2,892 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Britnell:
I find my Firearms License is perfect<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That really made me Lauph out Loud ! LOL

EhMax, drop that brush and roller and go have some fun....

· R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
1,697 Posts
I remember back in the spring of 1970 being stopped ON the Peace Bridge to show my draft card to a US official a few yards on the US side of the border, and then asked to show the same ID a few meters inside on the Canadian side. Needless to say, I was treated with far more respect on the Canadian side. The US officials were looking for potential "draft dodgers" (I always hated that term), and the Canadian officials were looking to help direct potential draft dodgers to the people that would help potential draft resisters settle in Canada.
I have not been down to the US since March of 2001, so I have not experienced any of the hassles you folks have been reporting. However, my wife has been to Chicago before 9/11 (to pick up our doxie, Rootie) and after 9/11 (to pick up our other doxie, Daisy) and she reported that it was actually easier the second time around. From what I have heard, there is little consistency in border crossings stations.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.