Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice on what software too use for a slide show I am making for work. I have used iMovie and Quicktime but also have Final Cut Express that I have not installed yet. My problem is that I have about 350 photos I need to put in the slide show and that is what concerns me. I have worked on a movie in iMove before with quite a few photos and I found it a little hard to work with. 350 has me scared. My plan is to burn the project to either VCD or SVCD so it will play in DVD players as well as be friedly with Windows. We do not have any Macs at work :( . I have Toast so the burn formats is not an issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David.

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
Hey Gunner,

It depends on what you need to do, content-wise. If it's a simple slide show with nothing more than crossfades or fades through black, then Graphic Converter does a very nice slide show, and is customizable to switch on a click, or timed, etc. It can also be set to display (or not) a small toolbar with the play / pause / forward / backward buttons for navigation.

There's also Keynote from Apple, or - dare I say it - PowerPoint. FYI, PowerPoint does a pretty good job of exporting a slide show as a QuickTime movie!

And then there's always iPhoto's built-in slide show feature.

:cool:
M

·
Premium Member
30,994 Posts
Graphic converter is terrific.

Exhibiton X is kinda cool but may not serve the exact requirement as it has a limit to the number of pcitures it can display.

iView Media Pro I like a lot and it has good save and self run options.

I'm still looking for the ulitmate slide show creator that takes full advantage of open/GL but it's not quite there yet :( :cool:

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thoughts so far. Maybe I should clarify a little. I will need to put music to the pictures and I am just looking for simple cross fades. I guess what I would like to do is what I have done in the past in iMovie. I have taken pictures of my kids, placed them with an appropiate song and then burn the movie as a VCD. The movie/slide show is basicallly a photo history of the company I work for. Been in business for about 20 years. That is where the 350 photo's come from. There will obvisouly need to be more than one song. I guess I could put them in Keynote, export to Quicktime and then add the songs in Quicktime. I do have Quicktime Pro. Is there an easier way to do this?

I like how in iMovie I can fade the music in and out and possibly add some additional sound clips I have of the President and VP, at times, to match specific photos. I just think 350 is way to many photos to work with in iMovie.

Thanks for the help, Gunner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts