Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts
Been awhile since I tried Pixelmator.

For me the deal breaker was always the lack of a feature similar to the 'select similar' command in PhotoShop. I use this command all the time as skies often require a different treatment than the rest of a photo, and without that feature working around tree branches is a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Been awhile since I tried Pixelmator.

For me the deal breaker was always the lack of a feature similar to the 'select similar' command in PhotoShop. I use this command all the time as skies often require a different treatment than the rest of a photo, and without that feature working around tree branches is a nightmare.
Their selection tools have had major upgrades over the past several versions. You can download Pixelmator Pro for free and try it out before you buy....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The software I'm designing is very simple in design, so I often create layers that are simple rectangles (a left column, a header bar, etc.). Often I need to quickly change the colour of a rectangle, or turn it into a gradient, or add a border... all things I can do with layer styles. Are there any Pixelmator experts out there that know how I can do this?

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Androscoggin, you certainly could go the layer styles route. There are many tutorials and examples available at the Pixelmator website.

Here's a review from January on Pixelmator as a Photoshop Replacement.

You might also consider using Keynote! It's more powerful, flexible and useful than people realize:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMFu29n1O4[/ame]

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Pixelmator Pro is on sale for another week - half price!

A new release just dropped too - here's a look at some of the changes:

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
FYI, Pixelmator Pro has been updated with expanded support for Adobe PSD files, among other things.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts