Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I reply to an email message in the inbox.

I move it, lets say to my "misc" folder" to organize my emails and the reply icon showing that I've replied disappears. Why? :confused:

The image show the messages I've replied to while in the "misc" folder, but not the ones that I've replied to in the inbox, then moved to the "misc" folder:

I want to be able to look in any of my folders (regardless of which folder I was I when I sent the reply) and see what messages I've replied to and be able to click on the reply arrow an see that reply message. Anybody know how I can do that. Looked through Mail preferences but didn't see anything...

ideas?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Is your "misc" folder stored locally or on the server? (i.e; MobileMe.)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your "misc" folder stored locally or on the server? (i.e; MobileMe.)
on the server...I believe.

I make my folders in my gmail folder (not On My Mac, for example). When I choose New Mailbox, I navigate to the gmail folder and add a new one in the appropriate place. Those folders are there when I go to gmail on a web browser, which is why I choose to do it that way.

BTW I don't fully understand the On My Mac concept, because even when I'm offline I can still see all of my folders, messages and attachments in my mail accounts (which are all IMAP accounts). so why bother having an On My Mac folder (or folder system)?

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
imap still creates a local copy of your messages.. google probably don't mark your messages properly when you MOVE them between folders. I suspect google to copy your mail to the new folder and delete the original one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts