Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,
Keeps quitting multiple times a day on my Mac Mini. It's been going on for over 3 weeks.
Has started happening on my MacBook Air.
Both are running High Sierra 10.13.6.
Mac Mini is linked to modem by Ethernet cable, MacBook is wireless.

What I've tried so far (from Apple Support Communities):

Use MalwareBytes for Mac:
Tried it, no result.

Reset the SMC and NVRAM:
Tried it, no joy.

Any Security Software Installed?:
Radio Silence, LuLu and KnockKnock.

Create a New Administrator User:
Tried it, no joy.

Re-installed High Sierra.
Tried it, no joy.

Any ideas?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
If you have either a Time Machine or clone backup, it might be time to do a nuke and pave. That is to completely erase the HD, reinstall the OS and restore your data from the backup. Unless someone else has a better idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know I’m a little late to the party, but it’s happening on two different machines. On both you’ve got RadioSilence and Lulu installed, two different firewalls, I don’t know if you’ve also got the Mac firewall going. I don’t see the need for three firewalls.

Plus KnockKnock. I would suggest getting rid of all three of those and see how things go.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Not sure why anyone but a business would require a firewall. I got my first Mac back in 1987 and I have never yet activated any kind of firewall including the Mac version. Never in all those years have I ever had so much as the odd bit of malware, that is quickly removed by Malwarebytes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m with you on that SINC. I’ve never used a firewall. If you’re behind a router that’s your firewall which is better than a software firewall. I’ve been using Mac since 94.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts