Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to import all my messages into Entourage from Mail?
I have been using Mail for about 2 weeks now and I honestly hate it, it just does not feel right to me, I dont like the way it displays messages and attachments, or how it always puts my signature below all the quoting instead of where my cursor is (What use is that!!) and there is a few other things too.
The bounce back feature is awesome though!

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
It really depends what else you are using. You need to be aware for instance that if you want to sync to a Palm, the entourage/office conduit will kill all existing conduits, so it's goodbye to isynch, publish/subscribe etc.

Assuming you still want to go ahead, I transferred all my outlook mail via .Mac, by setting up the same account on both mail clients and then dragging mail into the .Mac folder in one and retrieving/copying from the other. There may be another way, but this one works. HOWEVER, do make a backup of your Mac mail as some of my attachments got corrupted.

If all else fails, e-mail yourself your own messages, and in any case change the setup of your mail client to keep messages on the server for a couple of weeks (just in case),

Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Yo Daddy

Here is the thread that explains how I did it. Scroll down to the FOUND IT! reply hand have 'fun'. Again, word of warning about corruption, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky I have a backup of my old Entourage emails before I switcheed over, that will minimize the amount of emails I have to email myself! It does not seem that I can import directly with it (I dont need nay syncing or anything, so its all good there)
ahhhhh, fun fun fun

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a great little app to do it all for me!
Mr Mail2Entourage 0.93
Found it on VersionTracker.com
It converts your mailboxes to the entourage format, was done in about 10 mins. You have do do your mailboxes one at a time, but it works like a charm!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just keep in mind that instead of using the standard "mbox" file type that mail.app uses entourage a proprietary single database file.

Long story short, if the database file ever become corrupted (I think there is also a 2GB file size limit to it before it crahses) you are SOL and have to start from scratch with your email.

Just like everything M$, it sucks!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Backup, backup, backup!
And you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts