Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here using Mail and Rogers?

Mail has been working OK for me until now.
Even though the Preferences are set to remove the retrieved messages from the server immediately, it doesn't do that. Instead it keeps retrieving the same messages over and over.

Did Rogers do somethng funny again?

G/<

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I thought that problem was caused by me. I've had that problem too... sometimes it seems to work, and other times it keeps downloading the same emails for a week.... I get the last week's emails again and again and again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had that problem last summer. The messages were not being deleted from the server. It got to the point where I couldn't even retrieve any messages because the server was full. I had to call them to remove them off the server. They told me they were having trouble with Mac mail programs and that I should probably switch to something else. I did not. I haven't had any trouble since.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Well, like you I'm not switching to a PC, either.

It's not that bad. It happens for a week and then is usually gone for a week or two, then comes back again.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Works fine for me too.

That line about Mac email programs is BS. Next time someone tells you that, ask them which command in the POP3 protocol do Mac mail commands send differently than PCs. When they say, "uuuhhh", tell them the next time they try to lie to you, you'll tell their supervisor.

It's a problem on the server. That could happen if the disk on the server is full, or if, for some reason, write permission has been removed from your inbox on the server.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
bravo haysek,
i do find that the fontline tech. support at Rogers (Bell is worse IMHO) usually don't know what the hell they are talking about.

ask for the person's manager right away.
this will usually get you speaking to someone who won't bullsh*t you right out of th box.

I can tell when it is my problem vs. rogers.
i just tell them to give me my day's credit and not fool around.
else
go directly to manager

1 - 6 of 6 Posts