Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Magazine opinions.

1026 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mississauga
What Apple and or Mac magazines do you buy or subscribe to. Which would you recommend for a new Apple user. Why would you recommend or not recommend any.

I would like to find a good magazine that will have product tests, tutorials, and any other good topics.

Steve
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The magazines are out of date before they hit the streets.
I check out Macworld.com on a regular basis, but haven't seen any paper magazines as being worthwhile, including MacWorld.

Newspapers and most magazines are basically dead. Newspapers are yesterday's news and Magazines are last month's news.
I used to love getting MacWorld and MacUser (they merged a long time ago), and whatever else I could find. But for many years they have been obsolete.

macworld.com isn't bad, but forums like ehmac are more interesting these days.
What Apple and or Mac magazines do you buy or subscribe to. Which would you recommend for a new Apple user. Why would you recommend or not recommend any.

I would like to find a good magazine that will have product tests, tutorials, and any other good topics.

Steve
For this, I read MacWorld. They do lots of products, software and hardware, tests and they also give hints to how to used Apple software.

Sure, like some said, for news, they are a little bit late compared to the Internet, but that's the other feature that makes them great.
Computer magazines are among the oddest of ducks. Anyone with a computer is probably connected to the internet and can access 95% of the content for free, and a month or two before it appears in print.

That said, tutorial-based magazines, like iCreate do have some appeal. Useful information and great design, plus a CD which provides *real* extras, rather than a bunch of demo- or shareware.
I continue to subscribe to the electronic version of MacWorld through Zinio.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.