Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Apple and or Mac magazines do you buy or subscribe to. Which would you recommend for a new Apple user. Why would you recommend or not recommend any.

I would like to find a good magazine that will have product tests, tutorials, and any other good topics.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I check out Macworld.com on a regular basis, but haven't seen any paper magazines as being worthwhile, including MacWorld.

Newspapers and most magazines are basically dead. Newspapers are yesterday's news and Magazines are last month's news.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What Apple and or Mac magazines do you buy or subscribe to. Which would you recommend for a new Apple user. Why would you recommend or not recommend any.

I would like to find a good magazine that will have product tests, tutorials, and any other good topics.

Steve
For this, I read MacWorld. They do lots of products, software and hardware, tests and they also give hints to how to used Apple software.

Sure, like some said, for news, they are a little bit late compared to the Internet, but that's the other feature that makes them great.

·
Premium Member
17,999 Posts
Computer magazines are among the oddest of ducks. Anyone with a computer is probably connected to the internet and can access 95% of the content for free, and a month or two before it appears in print.

That said, tutorial-based magazines, like iCreate do have some appeal. Useful information and great design, plus a CD which provides *real* extras, rather than a bunch of demo- or shareware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.