Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Macworld travel ramblings!

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  andrewfromelgranada 
#1 ·
ehMac Log 10:42AM EST

Here we go!

Notified that our original flight to Chicago > San Francisco was cancelled this morning. Not for weather, as most in the east right now would think. Just that Air Traffic Control has cancelled it.

We call into the airport from home at the pre-dawn hour of 4:00AM in an attempt to rebook, but the choices were undesirable. So off to the Pearson International Airport as scheduled to take our changes at stand-by.

Arrived 5:30AM at the Airport and checked in with two possible options, go on stand-by for the 9:30AM direct flight to SF or book a 3:20PM direct flight. The check in informs us that the 9:30AM flight has been over-booked, but we can try. Stand-by it is.

U.S. Customs > Scanners - this went very smooth.

6:35AM
Gate C : No one around, Mr. Mayor says, I hungry!?!
Heart says me too!
So off to the restaurant for some breakfast. Big breakfast !?!
In reality it was a big price for a little food.
Scrabbled eggs out of milk carton (these eggs could never have been in a chicken), two paper thin pieces of bacon, a couple of sausages, cold toast, jam, a slice of tomato and lettice. The Mayor orders an OJ and I get a coffee.
(If you have read this far I realize this is not that the Macworld coverage you expected but we are not there yet, hang in there)

Breakfast over back to the gate, read the paper, as departure time approaches the Mayor starts to recognize Mac People, a couple of Adobe guys, and a education instructor, and we though we saw Sandy (Techstuff.ca). Were you on that flight Sandy?

Now remember, we are on stand-by, and the 9:30AM time approaches but the plane is held up and is to leave 10:15AM. Everyone starts to board. tick, tick, tick, the clock counts down. The very nice attendant politely informs us that we will not make it on the plane, she only has two spots open and 4 or more people waiting.

Damn, Damn, Damn - missed it by two!

So she books us, and gives us seats on the 3:20PM direct flight.

11:02AM
So now we sit and wait, the Mayor is listening to his iPod and sleeping, and I sit and write, we have plans for napping, and a little Medal of Honor network game.

They also have a Macworld + plus magazine I might pick up in the store to read and I also say Steve Jobs is on the front cover of Fast Company.

Visions of Macworld continue to dance in our head. We are going we will be in SF by 6:00PM PST

See less See more
#2 ·
ehMac Log 4:50PM PST

On the plane flying somewhere over the mid west. We arrived on the plane and with a late start have become airborne, this finally happed about 4:00PM EST.

We have changed our clocks/watches to PST. Check out the photos that the Mayor is posting. You will see our luggage arrive on the plane, the food we ate, and a couple of shots out the window. And we are sitting with a guy (Andrew) from El Granada, CA. He let me read his Maxim Magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.