Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

macwarehouse.ca

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Irie Guy 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone bought anything from Macwarehouse. How is their service?

#4 ·
Their service is good. Other than having problems with a salesman who didn't know what he was talking about once, I've had no problems. Packages arrive on time and safely packaged.

#5 ·
Often right after christmas for a few days Macwarehouse will have deals you won't find anywhere else. I've bought laptops at 600 dollars less than the Apple Store price. I think whatever Apple wants to clear out at the end of the year, they just ship it to those guys and tell them to get rid of it.

#6 ·
A few hours ago I wouldn't have had any negatives to relate.
They have always been fairly priced and delivered as promised.
That was before they were bought by CDW.
Now they are in a complete state of confusion

Use them at your own peril.
Their website has not been updated. They offer products that they cannot get from the old suppliers. They take orders and cancel them a week later.

Wait 'till the CDW dust settles :mad:

#7 ·
I haven't bought anything from them in a long time (atleast 2years) but in October I started receiving their catalog...I guess CDW found time to "dust" off the old database.

One good thing about them was, that if they had it in stock and you lived in the GTA, you could drive to the warehouse and pick it up. Instant gratification! :D

#8 ·
The last thing I bought from them before they became CDW
was Roxio Toast 5 Titanium, They delivered it fast enough
and the transaction went smooth as silk.

I have had troubles with them in the past though when I
bought VRAM and then cancelled the order after finding it
cheaper from a supplier in the States, MacWherehouse took
forever to cancel the order and tried to bill me anyways for
the cancelled order, It took me about three months to get
the credit back with my Visa.

My guess is that after they lost the VRAM in their shipping
they had assumed that I received it, Even though they didn't
have a transaction slip to prove that I had gotten it when I
hadn't.

I think that someone within their company kept the
shipment and decided to bill me for it.
The company is alright if you buy stuff, But it can be a pain
if you cancel a shipment.

I tend to buy from the U.S. more than in Canada.

Dave :cool:

#9 ·
Okay...so the consensus seems to be that I'm fine provided I can find a wayback machine and purchase stuff from them prior to being consumed by CDW.

Thanks for all the tips.

What I was thinking of ordering from them is a Lacie firewire hard drive. So, anyone know a place with good Lacie prices?

#10 ·
#11 ·
To mirror other peoples posts I have had fine results with them before they became CDw. I bought my iMac from them last year and had it specially configged with extra RAM in the non-user slot. the machine was special ordered from Texas. When I didn't hear back on a rebate that I was supposed to get they credited my AMEX the amount owed.

I also bought Toast 5.0 of them last sumemr and was shipped next day. Too bad I didn't wait 2 weeks when Toast 6.0 came out. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.