Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it bug anyone else that macwarehouse.ca is running Windows2000 as their webserver and using .asp in the backend... :rolleyes:

netcraft.net output:
Windows 2000
Microsoft-IIS/5.0
31-May-2002
 Micro Warehouse Canada Ltd.

Of course www.ehmac.ca has it right:
BSD/OS
Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.21 mod_macro/1.1.1 FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.3.5 OpenSSL/0.9.3a

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I think the reasoning being is MacWarehouse (.com or .ca for that matter) is just a sister company to MicroWarehouse; and the reality of e-commerce is that it's dominated by Windows. I don't think there's any logical reason to have 2 stores that are run by the same company to have separate platforms to host their catalogue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A bit -tongue-in-cheek.
But, who cares?
If their system works for US and Canada at MicroWarehouse and MacWarehouse, no probs.
I recently ordered a new Gretag-Macbeth spectro from them, and had it within a week.
Because of their US-Canada and PC-Mac associations, I was able to get a product that was not available in Canada. Even Prism, the official Canadian distributor, hadn't seen one.
After only one on-line transaction with them, I think the MacWarehouse system works.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Of course www.ehmac.ca has it right:
BSD/OS
Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.21 mod_macro/1.1.1 FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.3.5 OpenSSL/0.9.3a
FrontPage? Microsoft product! Unclean!!! UNCLEAN!!!

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ecommerce is certainly not dominated by IIS/.asp.
Its an Apache world -- most running some flavour of unix. Furthermore, in the backend Oracle, Websphere and Weblogic share in about 70% of the market share -- again most running unix.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
BSD/OS

The Frontpage you see there is an Apache module that allows one to run ASP apps in Apache. I prefer PHP myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts