Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let me fellow ehMac'rs know that our new upgrade and tech site has launched, officially, as of today. Check us out at www.macupgradezone.com and leave us your good or bad feedback if you can (we in no way compete with ehMac, as if it wasn't obvious already).

·
Registered
235 Posts
All good.

Nicely done site - a small bit of gvectching your (and rightly so) prosletiszing about the Beige G3 (as I own one ) is very cool but a little well, how should I say not quiite true. Certain upgrades just won't accept OSX but that being said (a small niggle) it is a wondeful, well put together site - good on ya!

Looking forward to the enhancements - I have bookmarked it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Just started looking, and have not finished yet, but I couldn't find the ehMac link?

You know http://www.ehmac.ca/

Nope... :rolleyes:
looked all over.... :(
I'll check again tomorrow... :D
maybe I'll find it tomorrow ... ;)
yeah that's it I'll look for it tomorrow .... ;)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mose:
a small bit of gvectching your (and rightly so) prosletiszing about the Beige G3 (as I own one ) is very cool but a little well, how should I say not quiite true. Certain upgrades just won't accept OSX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have heard of that before. G4 cards from Powerlogix and Sonnet work with OS X under the Beige G3; if you have a OWC brand or XLR8 card, you may need extra software for the card to work properly under OS X or OS 9. Powerlogix and Sonnet Technolgies, Inc, both supply proper software control panels to make the card (G4) run properly in the once-G3.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good idea for a Mac site; there isn't a lot of information on upgrade possibilities for Macs. I read the Beige G3 article with interest and noted all the reference to Other World Computing. I know they have very inexpensive upgrade prices; I've bought from them myself on several occasions. However, I hope you'll reference Canadian firms as well in the future. Dealing with OWC has some risks, at least from Canada. Shipping is expensive across the border, and if you have to send back defective merchandise (which has happened to me on two occasions), the cost of shipping twice more than makes up for any potential savings.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to thank the ehMac community who supports the site and who is visiting it regularaly. I also want to thank MacDoc, which is now officially sponsoring Mac Upgrade Zone.

Also, look for a giveaway or something special either end of this week or early next!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts