Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some good quotes:

"Hypnotically encased iMacs trick unsuspecting computer users into accepting Darwinism "

"But is this really such a shock? Lets look for a moment at Apple Computers. Founded by long haired hippies, this company has consistently supported 60's counter-cultural "values". But there are even darker undertones to this company than most are aware of. Consider the name of the company and its logo: an apple with a bite taken out of it. This is clearly a reference to the Fall, when Adam and Eve were tempted with an apple by the serpent. It is now Apple Computers offering us temptation, thereby aligning themselves with the forces of darkness."

and this one is good too:

ADDENDUM III (4/20/2002): Another reader (it has been busy today!) has informed me of another link between Apple and the forces of darkness that my initial research missed. Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original creation of Apple Computers but is instead based off of an older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix". The child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot of this OS is a devil holding a pitchfork (pictured right). This OS -- and its Darwin offspring -- extensively use what are called "daemons" (which is how Pagans write "demon" -- they are notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.) which is a program that hides in the background, doing things without the user's notice. If you are using a new Macintosh running OS X then you probably have these "daemons" on your computer, hardly something a good Christian would want! This clearly illustrates that not only is Macintosh based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on Satanism.

ADDENDUM IV (4/21/2002): Apparently anti-Christian zealots -- as well as shocked Christians who have unwittingly become Mac owners -- are linking to this article, which explains the large number of emails we have received on this topic. More clues have come in showing the dark nature of Apple Computers. According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another Satanic holdover from the "BSD Unix" OS mentioned above; to open up certain locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in this thing?

I gotta say what are they smoking, drinking, shooting, popping..watever!

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Saw that site a couple years ago. Hilarious!

I specially like this one:

One additional technique that I have noticed while perusing their new literature is the common cult tactic of indoctrination through a special insider language. This technique linguistically isolates new recruits from the outside world, forcing them to become more dependent on their cult handlers. For instance, an industry standard connection for peripherals is idiosyncratically retermed "FireWire" (or should we just be honest and call it "HellFireWire"?) while the familiar Recycle Bin is given its new cult name of "Trash Can". Any "Switcher" trying to purchase equipment for their new computer or get assistance will be forced by this linguistic ghettoization into dealing with the only people that can understand the strange argot: brainwashed Macintosh users.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Interesting on the counter culture comment.

Question...

I lived in Vancouver and Victoria in the mid 90's/ And when I was trhere i was surprised to find a lack of Mac penetration inthe markets. Is that still the case?

If so why is that?

You would think our west coast - mirroring our neighbours (California) would be Mac central???

Hmmm

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I never realized that "Windows" was considered to be a "Christian" Operating System! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
...its new cult name of "Trash Can"
Hello,

I believe that the Amiga's garbage receptacle bin was also called "Trash Can."

James

PS: I shouldn't have eaten all those bean burritos. They're making me repeat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I could not believe this is a real site so I checked the about us link. They even have a University of some sort. I didn't realize that using a Mac made me a tool of the Anti-Christ. Maybe I should reconsider and switch to Windows and reap eternal salvation. Maybe Bill Gates is the Second Coming and I haven't heard his message. I'm so perplexed. You Mac cultists have brainwashed me, damn you! I'm selling my Macs and buying a Dell. My new mottos will be:
Recycle! Don't trash.
Click start to shut down sin.
The blue screen of death is one step closer to Heaven!

Enjoy Hell, Mac users!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Dell is a good choice - i suppose the name is derived from DELLiverance... that should earn you some brownie points. but could DELL not also come from the DEviLL? Better be careful there. Better make it an HP.

And... Mac marketers might by interested in this moniker for FW800...
should we just be honest and call it "HellFireWire"?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I saw the site before... it's hilarious.

I wonder why they single out Macs. As far as I know Windows and Unix also have daemons (at least in Windows NT). Microsoft was also founded by a "hippie" too. Bill Gates was just as much a hippie before he created his company. I'm sure if you keep delving into Windows you could find demonic things too...

They also apparently don't like Pokemon or X-Men... evil evolutionary Pokemon and X-Men.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I saw this a while ago, before any of the addendums, and I must say, this guy is exceptionally ignorant. He is not checking his facts in the slightest. :rolleyes: I would be mad, but even I were to voice my thoughts, he would most likely not listen to them anyways. Where was he during the Spanish Inquisition? Or rather, why wasn't he born back then instead of now?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Saw this one a while back. man, that dude is SO out of touch! proof positive in his statement that the Macintosh is "popular" :D

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I've seen this site before, it's not real...it's satire...it's a joke. The organization doesn't really exist. Dig a little deeper.

[EDIT]: I had another look at that site and I might be wrong...but I still wonder whether it's for real. I know I seen this Apple = Satan crap on another site which definitely was a parody/satire. It looked very similar.

[ September 16, 2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: kps ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts